OT in the NT
SUNSET SESSION - 30th August 2016
Click HERE for more information.
Occupational Therapy Australia is the peak body for occupational therapists in the Northern Territory and Queensland. We are committed to promoting the occupational therapy profession in the Northern Territory and Queensland by:
- Ensuring the professional strength of occupational therapists practising in the Northern Territory and Queensland;
- Being aware of and promoting the meeting of consumers’ needs in the Northern Territory and Queensland;
- Lobbying for and representing the occupational therapy profession on a state level;
- Forming and maintaining strategic partnerships and alliances with relevant individuals and organisations.
REFER A FRIEND
Refer a friend to become an OTA NT/QLD member and receive a $100 CPD voucher to put towards any CPD event in the 2016/17 financial year.
This promotion is only available to new memberships and is not valid for student memberships or members renewing from the 2016-17 membership period. Referrer must be a current financial member of Occupational Therapy Australia. CPD voucher will be posted to the referring member when the new member has paid their fees. CPD vouchers are non-transferrable and can only be used by the person named on the voucher.
NT/QLD CPD CALENDAR
View the latest NT/QLD CPD Calendar HERE
AUSTRALIAN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY JOURNAL (AOTJ)
Members automatically receive a hard copy of the Journal by post upon becoming a member of the association. Members also have full online access to current and past journal issues via the Links to Resources.
AOTJ Member Guide: Accessing past AOTJ articles through AOTJ online
WORKING IN THE NT
Working as an Occupational Therapist in the Northern Territory (NT) is a challenging and rewarding experience. There is a wide variety of roles and many opportunities across a range of profession specific and generic roles.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Spotlight on the census highlights that for the average individual occupational therapist working in the Northern Territory there is the potential to have a sense of isolation from peers: The NT divisional member association supports occupational therapists to be part of our professional community and offers members the opportunity to enhance best practice through professional development, support and access to profession specific information. We also work to advocate and lobby on your behalf.
You can find out more about working in the Northern Territory in our work and study section.
- ONLINE Mindful Employer eLearning Program NAT
1st Dec 15
- ONLINE Helping Children with Autism - Online Learning Package
17th May 16
- NT Sunset Session: Rolling out the NDIS in the NT
30th Aug 16
- ONLINE Splinting Upskill Workshops -Treating the person and not just the hand - Complete Series
7th Sep 16
- WORKSHOP: PlayConnect: Relationship-focus Early Childhood Intervention for Young Children with Developmental Delays_Gold Coast
9th Sep 16