Occupational Therapy Week 2016
Please join us in Hobart on the 25th of October for a half day workshop and social time! We are celebrating Occupational Therapy week and World Occupational Therapy Day in Tasmania: our Reach your creative pOTential workshop and afternoon tea will enable you to focus on Occupational Therapy Week and Occupational Therapy Day; add to your CPD; network with peers and invigorate your occupational therapy practice- please use this link to register. Students, members and non members are all most welcome- please spread the message on. For OT week only member and non member prices are on par.
Please use this link for the Essential Manual Handling for Occupational Therapists is being held at your request, in Launceston
Join OTs in your area to celebrate. Our Regional Interest groups occurring in the month of October welcome you to your local community of Occupational Therapists. Please use this link or go to the practice support section for updates and to connect with Occupational Therapists in your region...
- here is the short cut to the North West world OT day event. Celebrate World OT Day On Thursday the 27th October 2016 with your local North West Regional Interest Group. The event will start at 10.30 am at The Autism Specific Early Learning and Care Centre, where Cilla Travers will be presenting an inservice on COPM and GAS goals and will be followed by lunch at The Chapel.On Thursday the 27th October 2016.
All welcome...RSVP Jeannie McClymont by 24.10.16
- All Occupational Therapists in Northern Tasmania are invited to our after work drinks on the 20th of October from 4.45 to 6pm at St John Craft Beer which is an event organised for OT Week ... A group from LGH OT Dept has done the bulk of the organisation. Finger food provided and you can buy your own drinks at the venue...Please contact Robyn Arvier if you wish to attend or find out more about the Regional Interest Group.
Join us in Hobart at Hadley's Hotel on the 25th of October between 3;30 and 4:30 pm for an hour of networking and refreshments after the reach your pOTential workshop. We realise that everyone is busy and pressed with work and life matters but this is a great opportunity to meet and mix with colleagues. This is an OTA sponsored event with a nominal fee to cover venue costs...Please follow this link to register so that we can cater for you! Please let your occupational therapy colleagues know- members and non members are most welcome
World Occupational Therapy Day
is celebrated across the earth! The 24 hour conference schedule has been released for World OT Day: http://ot4ot.com/ot24vx.html
The World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) is the international voice of the occupational therapy profession which globally comprises of 92 national occupational therapy professional organisations. World Occupational Therapy Day is the opportunity to heighten the visibility of the profession’s development work and to promote the activities of WFOT locally, nationally, and internationally. Find out more about world OT day here.
Professional Development, Occupational Therapy Australia
Alex Pilkington-Kerr, our Tasmanian Continuing Professional Development Coordinator works part time coordinating the PD for both Tasmania and Victoria. Please contact her here if you have any queries or suggestions regarding Tasmanian based webinars, workshops or events.
Tasmanian Primary Health Network
The Tasmanian Primary Health Network have many events and activities that Tasmanian OTs can link in to. AH Networking events are occurring in October, as per previous emails. Please navigate through this link if you wish to browse the web-site
The Independent Living Centre (ILC) have open-to-public events.
If you like, you can explore their Website : www.ilctas.asn.au
For further information, you can contact
Julie Dunham; Admin. Support Officer/Mobile Outreach Coordinator
ILC Tas Pty Ltd
275 Wellington Street
South Launceston Tas 7249
Phone: 1300 885 886 (national number) or 03 6335 9200
Occupational Therapy Australia Tasmanian Division have entered into discussions with MAIB to review the structure and payment of services currently funded. Thank you for your input this has beenvery helpful- Please be aware that all results will be de-identified when communicating them to MAIB.
Divisional Meeting update
The Divisional Council meets regularly and welcomes your feedback.Thank you to those who attended the Annual Divisional Meeting held on the 31st of March 2016.
- ONLINE Mindful Employer eLearning Program NAT
1st Dec 15
- ONLINE Helping Children with Autism - Online Learning Package
17th May 16
- WORKSHOP: Home Modifications: Ramps & Rails (VIC)
8th Dec 16
- WORKSHOP: Bathroom Modifications (VIC)
9th Dec 16
- WEBINAR: “Preventing Burnout – Applying Self-care Techniques using Mindfulness” (WA)
12th Dec 16