Working with Children with Cerebral Palsy Workshop Day 1
17 Aug 2012
|Event Location:||CPEC Mt Waverley|
|Register from:||28 May 2012|
|Register up to:||13 Aug 2012|
|Non-member Price:||AU $ 350.00 (incl gst)|
|Member Price:||$225.00 (incl gst)|
This is a very practical workshop which will give participants the opportunity to learn useful strategies to implement with children who have cerebral palsy. Video case studies are used to demonstrate interventions and to facilitate discussion and problem solving of real life situations.
This workshop is particularly relevant to less experienced OTs and will cover the following areas:
- The multiplicity of challenges which need to be addressed for successful access and participation in daily routines and activities for the child with cerebral palsy with/without complex communication needs.
- An introduction to the concept of ongoing dynamic assessment and the interplay between observation and intervention.
- Identifying behavioural challenges and sensory processing challenges in children who have a sensory processing disorder as well as a physical disability
- The complexity and strategies to enable a child to access technology successfully for the long term
- A range of strategies that can be used to address individual needs but which can also be applied to learning across a range of skill development.
- Some key strategies to support inclusion in kindergarten and school settings.
- The importance of a trans-disciplinary, problem solving approach to facilitating active participation and learning for each child and family.
- The role of the occupational therapist in the team and key responsibilities.
This is a very practical seminar/workshop which will give participants the opportunity to see useful strategies which parents and teachers are implementing with children through the use of many video segments and problem solving real life situations.
Time: 9.30am - 5.00pm
You can register and pay online - simply select one of the buttons above the "CONTINUE" button at the top of this page to begin.
Alternatively, print a copy of the registration form from "Resources" below, complete all the necessary details and fax or post it to us as instructed.
Current members price : $225 (incl. GST)
- Cerebral Palsy Workshop flyer.pdf Size: 168 KB ( x )
- Cerebral Palsy Registration form.pdf Size: 38 KB ( x )