OTA Research Academy
The Occupational Therapy Australia Research Academy has been established to both recognise scholars in the occupational therapy profession but also to enhance research capacity building in the profession. Notably its core goals are:
- To generate new knowledge and grow the corpus of knowledge underpinning the profession of occupational therapy
- To make a positive and sustained contribution to the inclusion, participation and wellbeing of Australians through supporting high quality research
- To grow the research capacity – individually and collectively – of the members of OTA through a range of activities including grant provision, education and mentoring,
- To profile the contribution of occupational therapy researchers and scholars nationally and internationally through a range of media
- To ensure the representation of occupational therapy researchers in national debate, dialogue and policy developments on issues related to productivity, inclusion, participation and wellbeing
Nominations Now Open for the Occupational Therapy Australia Research Academy 2021
Occupational Therapy Australia seeks to acknowledge those members who have significantly contributed to the development of the body of knowledge of the profession of occupational therapy in Australia through conferring the Award of Fellow to the Occupational Therapy Australia Research Academy and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Fellow to the Occupational Therapy Australia Research Academy.
In this round we are seeking nominations from the members to identify and nominate occupational therapy researchers and scholars who they consider have made significant contributions to the body of occupational therapy research and its impacton policy and practice in Australia and internationally. Those who are accepted will be recognised at Occupational Therapy Australia’s National Conference in July 2021.
Fellows of the Research Academy
The following occupational therapists are Fellows of the Research Academy.
- Associate Professor Sally Bennett
- Associate Professor Helen Bourke-Taylor
- Associate Professor Jodie Copley
- Professor Louise Gustafsson
- Professor Christine Imms
- Associate Professor Karen Liu
For individual profiles download the Occupational Therapy Australia Research Academy 2019 Fellows booklet.
- Associate Professor Ted Brown
- Professor Anita C. Bundy
- Professor Leanne M. Carey
- Professor Lindy Clemson
- Professor Anne Cusick
- Professor Jennifer Fleming
- Professor Tammy Hoffman
- Associate Professor Natasha A. Lannin
- Associate Professor Lynette MacKenzie
- Dr Annie McCluskey
- Professor Sylvia Rogers AM
- Emertius Professor Jenny Strong
- Professor Carolyn Unsworth
- Professor Gail E. Whiteford
- Professor Jenny Ziviani
For individual profiles and further information about the Fellows of the Research Academy, download the Inaugural Fellows of the Research Academy booklet.