The information provided on this website is for use of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any persons acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material in this publication can be accepted. This includes links to all external organisations.
This site and its contents are subject to copyright. The site material copyright is owned by Occupational Therapy Australia, or in the case of some material, a third party. The site function and operation copyright is owned by Occupational Therapy Australia.
You may view this site and its contents using your web browser and electronically copy and print hard copies of parts of this site solely for personal, non-commercial use. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content of this site is strictly prohibited.
This site includes registered trademarks, and other trademarks that are otherwise protected by law. Except as expressly authorised, the use or misuse of any of these trademarks is strictly prohibited.
Included Trademarks and Registered Trademarks are Trademarks of their respective owners.
You agree that your access to, and use of, this site is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk. This site and its contents are provided to you on an "as is" basis, the site may contain errors, faults and inaccuracies and may not be complete and current.
Occupational Therapy Australia makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site, except as otherwise provided under applicable laws.
Neither Occupational Therapy Australia, nor its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site and any other site linked to this site. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
Occupational Therapy Australia cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via this site is free from viruses or other conditions, which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this site, and you release Occupational Therapy Australia entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use.
Third Party Sites
This site may contain links to third party sites. Occupational Therapy Australia is not responsible for the condition or content of those sites as they are not under Occupational Therapy Australia control. You access those sites and/or use the site's products and services solely at your own risk. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, an endorsement by Occupational Therapy Australia of the sites or the products or services provided on the site.
Occupational Therapy Australia does not permit any linkages to this site without prior permission.
This site is controlled by Occupational Therapy Australia. Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Occupational Therapy Australia makes no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.
Occupational Therapy Australia values highly the strong relationships we have with our customers. The collection of data at Occupational Therapy Australia is being handled with full and proper respect for the privacy of our customers. The data we collect is handled sensitively, securely and with proper regard to privacy. Occupational Therapy Australia does not disclose, distribute or sell the data we collect from our clients to third parties.
This site uses a feature of your web browser known as "cookies" to store information and identify you to the system while you are on a session. No personal details are contained in the cookies.
We recognise the importance of privacy protection. Our policy for dealing with any personal information that you might disclose to us while visiting this website is explained below.
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our website. You can be certain that the information we receive about you will be treated as strictly confidential.
The personal information that we collect on you when you use our public site
We do not collect or use any personal information on visitors to our website, through the use of "cookies" or other software or hardware techniques.
We look at the number of hits the site receives and keep track of the domains from which this site is accessed.
To determine what our users are interested in, we may also look at the top 20 search words used in connecting you to this site.
The personal information Occupational Therapy Australia collects when you log onto this site, how we do it and what we do with it
If you log onto the website and read or download information our Internet Service Provider/Hosting Provider, will record your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded. This information is used for statistical and web site development purposes only.
We can also determine if you emailed any articles of interest to a friend using our 'email a friend' functionality. We record the email addresses of these recipients which may be used for our own marketing purposes.
The information collected will be used to send you e-mails when content relevant to your areas of interest are added to the site. The information may also be used to inform you of any forthcoming event that might be of interest to you.
The circumstances under which we disclose information about you
It is our policy not to sell or pass on any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so. An exception to this is where Occupational Therapy Australia may be required by law to disclose certain information.
How we handle emails
We will preserve the contents of any e-mail message that you send us if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so. E-mails sent to or from Occupational Therapy Australia are routinely monitored for quality control, systems administration and legal compliance purposes.
What to do if you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate
If you believe that any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will review the relevant information.
How to contact us if you wish to discuss this policy
If you wish to discuss any aspect of this policy please contact us.
Membership subscriptions are not refundable.
Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA) reserves the right to cancel or postpone any Association event. If this occurs, registration fees paid will be refunded in full, but the Association bears no responsibility for any other costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses or loss of income). It is recommended that registrants ensure the appropriate contingencies and insurance is in place to mitigate against loss in these circumstances.
In the instance of webinars, registrants are responsible for ensuring their equipment is able to run the program prior to the start of the session. Refunds will not be provided for technical difficulties experienced during the session.
Should you be unable to attend an Association event for which you have registered and paid, a substitute delegate is welcome to attend in your place, so long as the Association has been notified in writing and in advance of the event. If the substitute attendee is not a member, the non-member fee will apply and extra payment will be due and payable before the event date. All registrants for any OTA event must have paid their event registration fees in full prior to attending an event or risk non-admission at the event.
If you cancel your registration for an event, a refund equivalent to 90% of the registration fee paid will be given, provided a written cancellation is received by the Association prior to the closing date (7 days prior to the event). Cancellation after the closing date will be ineligible for a refund.
Refunds will not be provided to registrants who do not cancel or do not attend an event. Registrants who do not attend their enrolled event will be ineligible to receive event information, including but not limited to notes, workbooks and slides.
When purchasing from Occupational Therapy Australia your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our secure payment policy, please contact us.
All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and services tax).
All transactions are processed in Australian dollars (AUD).
Professional networking area content reflects the views of individual participants only and does not necessarily represent the views held by Occupational Therapy Australia as an Association.
Occupational Therapy Australia bears no responsibility for accuracy of participant comments and will bear no legal liability for content provided by participants.
- If you participate in a discussion, you are responsible for ensuring that any material you post does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, patent, trademark or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party, and is posted with the permission of the owner of such rights.
- You agree not to use any obscene or offensive language or to place on the forums any material that is profane, abusive, inaccurate, defamatory, libellous, false, inappropriate, threatening, hateful, constitutes junk mail or unauthorised advertising, infringes on any person’s privacy, violates copyright laws, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be in violation of any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- To maintain a high quality content, Occupational Therapy Australia reserves the right to remove messages we assess to be inappropriate and conduct editing we identify as reasonable and required. Although Occupational Therapy Australia can delete messages, you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Occupational Therapy Australia with respect to any claims posted in your messages.
- You agree to the use of the discussion forums for only lawful purposes and for purposes that serve to act as a professional resource and/or professional support to you personally.
- It is your responsibility as a health professional to exercise your judgement in evaluating or utilising any information shared within the discussion forums. You are encouraged to confirm the information shared in the discussion forums with other sources and /or evidenced based resources before undertaking any action on it.
- All discussion forum messages must contribute new ideas, and must not repeat previously posted material. Forum moderators may remove messages which stray from the topic, do not contribute new ideas or repeat previously posted material.
- All discussion forum topics must be created with proper case and must not use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
- Occupational Therapy Australia assumes no responsibility for any websites or resources that are linked to our site or that you browse as a result of a referral you gained through a link posted on the discussion forum.
- Discussion material contained in the discussion forums is for your personal use only. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, or otherwise, of material obtained through the discussion forums, except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law.