(February) EOI’s for the Board Nominations Committee
Now that the new OTA Constitution has been approved, it was possible for the Board to endorse the new By-Laws at its meeting in December. This includes the establishment of a Nominations committee to select appointed members to the Board as well as Board subcommittees.
We are seeking 2 members to join this committee.
Purpose of the Nominations Committee
- to oversee the nominations process for the Board and it's sub-committees including identifying and recommending individuals qualified to serve on the Board and its sub committees; and
- to advise the Board with respect to future Board composition, procedures and committees; including overseeing the development of a skills gap analysis for the purpose of promotion of vacancies on the Board and review of all candidates seeking member election to ensure they meet the required skill sets;
- A vision for occupational therapy and the Association
- Personal attributes:
- strong communication skills
- ability to respect alternative viewpoints
- highly motivated
- Leadership skills
- Understanding of contemporary issues affecting the occupational therapy profession
- Proven commitment to the profession of Occupational Therapy in Australia
- Demonstrated appreciation of the breadth of occupational therapy practice settings (including public, private, academia, management, regional, rural and remote)
- Proven experience and involvement in Occupational Therapy Australia and past member associations, such as on the Association’s Board, Divisional Councils, Committees, contributions to the Australian Occupational Therapy Journal, contributions to the Association’s national and state/ territory/Divisional conferences, contributions to Special Interest Groups, Member Forums, and CPD events
- Evidence of at least five (5) years professional experience as an occupational therapist
- Current member of Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA) and history of membership with OTA.
- Extensive experience in recruitment and selection processes.
If you are interested, please complete an EOI and send to Sandra Malbourne, EA to CEO via firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY 3 MARCH by 8pm AEDT.
Please place EOI for Nominations Committee in the title of the email.